Links to stuff on this blog

Use the Site Index of Projects page link above for an easier way to find stuff on my blog that you might be looking for!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

How To Make: Grilled Shrimp Paste on Sugar Cane

What more cooking related posts?!? As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I don't know how to cook and I also am also not a composer of music but that isn't going to stop me from doing both! Here is another short video that I made with music that I wrote explaining how to make Grilled Shrimp on Sugar Cane. These are yummy treats that have a nice sweet sugar cane in the center surrounded by shrimp. Kinda like "Pigs In A Blanket" but more like cane in an overcoat.
 

 
I hope that you enjoy the food more than the video but try both and let me know which one is better! Below are the ingredients, a video and the cooking instructions!
Chop and Mix:
1/2 cup fresh Green Onions with 1/4 cup Fresh Garlic
Add 2 Lbs of Fresh Shrimp with the onions and garlic
  
Put them into a food processor and chop and mix into a paste
  
In a bowl add 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch to the shrimp paste
  
Salt and/season
 
Add one Egg White (not the yoke)
 
Open a can of Sugar Cane in syrup and cut the cane into short pieces ~3"
   
Cover and wrap the sugar cane with a thin layer of Shrimp Paste
   
In a lightly oiled pan fry until brown or grill on the bar-b-que
 
Serve hot and enjoy!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment